We are located at 79 Poplar St NW in Downtown Atlanta, not far from the Tabernacle, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena, the Masquerade, and Georgia World Congress Center. Look for the “Sidebar” sign right around the corner from the Georgia State University School Of Music and Rialto Center for the Arts building at the corner of Poplar and Forsyth. There are many parking garages and ample parking available near Sidebar and all over Downtown, but we strongly suggest you don’t drive yourself at all if you intend to drink. Sidebar is a convenient location to use services like Uber, Lyft, Taxi, and MARTA, all of which we strongly recommend.
Here are walking directions:
From THE TABERNACLE (near CENTENNIAL OLYMPIC PARK, CNN CENTER, etc)
- From the front entrance of the Tabernacle, walk to TED TURNER DR
- Take a RIGHT at TED TURNER DR
- Take a LEFT at POPLAR ST
- Keep walking until you see the SIDEBAR sign on your LEFT.
From WOODRUFF PARK (near THE MASQUERADE)
- From PEACHTREE ST NW, take a LEFT onto POPLAR ST
- Walk right under the ARCH and continue down POPLAR
- Keep walking until you see the SIDEBAR sign on your RIGHT.
Much of the street parking in the area is not metered after 7pm. Some of the most convenient paid parking lots include: